Dr. Rolf Vollmer (1st Vice-President of the German Society of Dental Implantology – DGZI) welcomed the visitors with these words: “The speakers from the fields of science, research and practical experience have prepared themselves for a wide range of advanced techniques and forward-looking procedures in modern implantology. They will introduce their evidence-based and applied knowledge for long-lasting implant restorations with excellent esthetics”.
The participants were impressed by the high-profile international speakers and their lectures' mix of science, research and practice:
- Prof. Mazen Tamimi gave a presentation on the multitude of surgical techniques used to solve esthetic complications.
- Dr. Metreveli: “PRF substances are being used in sinus lift, augmentation of the alveolar crest and also socket preservation.”
- Dr. Vollmer: “The implant position is the key to a successful treatment.”
- MDT Anger relies on PEEK-based CAD/CAM-manufactured solutions and achieves excellent esthetics with implant jobs.
- Prof. Sadaka introduced materials for the build-up of hard and soft tissue.
- Dr. Hartmann, an endodontist, appealed to his audience to “look outside the box”.
- According to Dr. Pashaj, autogenous bone is still the gold standard.
- Dr. Novikov gave a summary of more than 1,500 immediate implants inserted in the last five years.
- Dr. Chebotarev: The key advantages of an immediate implantation are the time factor and cost efficiency.
- Dr. Frangov gave a report on his implant successes with IMPLA Mini ball-top implants.
- Dr. Duddeck gave a presentation about the results of his investigation of implant surface condition and packaging.
- Prof. Malkan talked about approaches for extremely atrophied jaws and tumor patients.
- The hands-on “IMPLA surgical procedure” course with Dr. Vrshkovski was very popular.
- Dr. Valentin relies on the balloon procedure as a bone reconstruction measure.
The IMPLA Congress visitors were very interested in the international talks in the Westin Grand Hotel, Berlin.
Read the complete press release here: